Here are 5 easy ways to make your holidays the safest season yet!
1. Find a Designated Driver or Call a Taxi - Every hour in the U.S., one death can be attributed to alcohol-impaired driving. Ask a family member or friend to take a night off from partying and be the DD.
Don’t count yourself a statistic this holiday season!
2. Alcohol & Drugs Don’t Mix - Impairing your ability to make good choices is never a good option. Prescription drugs that are prescribed by a doctor are safe when used properly. Read all the warning labels and be sure to ask your doctor about the side effects that might be possible when taking your prescription drugs.
3. Mind Your Medicines - Holiday parties are a great way to have fun with friends and family. We want you to remember your prescription medications can be dangerously enticing for young guests.
Lock your medicine cabinet or move prescriptions to a secure place that is inaccessible to guests!
4. Go Slow - In WNY, we know the sun sets earlier in the winter, the driving conditions are more dangerous and because it’s the holidays, more of us are out on the roads. Remember to take your time, follow traffic laws and speeds and stay safe on the roads!
5. A Good Reminder: Serving Minors is Against the Law! - Having fun with family means lots of things - one thing stays the same: the legal drinking age is 21! Serving alcohol to those under the age of 21 is illegal and can carry substantial legal repercussions.
These safety tips are brought to you by Px21, your Erie County Prevention Providers, we want your holiday season to be safe and healthy!