- To delay alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) use and the onset of unhealthy problem behaviors (including, but not limited to, gambling, violence, and other anti-social behaviors); to prevent ATOD abuse/dependence and mental illness; to promote and maintain mentally and physically healthy, and socially and culturally competent, people.
- To provide a continuum of prevention services (universal, selective, indicate
- Implement programs that cover the entire population of Erie County, New York
- Implement programs for targeted (selective, indicated), higher-risk populations
- Sustained investment in professional development (e.g., training, implementation of evidence-based programs, retention, support for producing data to show program accountability, assessment of system capacity, enhancement of organizational capacity, etc.) for the entire prevention field including individuals and organizations
- Invest in cost-effective programs (cost per person served) while recognizing that higher-risk populations require commensurate resources